Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's been a long, long time



Like the song of the above title, it HAS been a long, long time since I've thought about blogging. I recently was reminded that my daughter, Amy, has a very up-to-date and informative blog. Even though I don't spend nearly as much time with her as I would like, I feel that I can keep in touch with her life by reading her experiences through her blog.

I know there are many people that follow Amy's blog. She writes well, and she writes things that people are interested in! I don't know that I do that as well as my daughter does. I try. I hope there are people out there who want to follow my life, although I often wonder why they'd want to. Amy's life is full of her children. My children are grown and gone. My life is only filled with the work I do (which is important work, but isn't all-consuming) and trying to get a handle on all this family history stuff! Seems that between those two activities, my days fly by.

Oh, and then there's the upcoming big "Six-O" party, mid-September. That's taken a lot of planning, which has been absolutely the funnest! OK, I know "funnest" probably isn't a word, but that's how I feel. I feel child-like. It's a pirate party and I'm going to celebrate!

Anyway, back to the reason for trying to be better at blogging. Just in case anybody wants to know what's going on in my life, the important parts should be here. You COULD get to know me better if you read my posts. Maybe I could get to know myself better, as well. We'll see...

No comments: