Sunday, September 9, 2007

We're off!

I'm writing this on Sunday because I won't be able to blog tomorrow. Off to Mount Rushmore after an emergency physical therapy appointment to check out the "bum" knee. Hope the p.t. will OK the trip--don't really think it'll be scrapped. I might just have to be a bit careful and keep up my exercises while I'm gone.

At any rate, camera in hand, hiking shoes in my bag, and warm winter coat packed, I think I'm ready to see the big heads on the mountain. Mom and I have decided we're going to take the helicopter ride! A lot of "firsts" on this trip!

So, there will be pictures to post when I get back. Looking forward to hitting the road again. If we have as much fun on this trip as we had last year, it's really something to look forward to. If nothing else, the hot springs will be worth the drive, we hear!

Thanks, Amy, for letting Natalie stay with us last night for a few hours. It was so much fun! I think she enjoyed making cookies with me. I meant to send you home with John Lowe Butler's book but forgot. Remind me to get that to you. It probably won't appear on your "favorites" list, but I do think you'll enjoy reading his very interesting, and pertinent, history--right from the early days of the Church. You might be amazed at how much our family was involved in the beginnings of the gospel movement.

So, everyone take care of yourselves until I return. I love you.

1 comment:

Amy said...

i wish i had that book already! it does sound very interesting! i hope you guys have fun; wish i could join you especially for that helicopter ride! be safe; talk to you when you get back!