Saturday, September 8, 2007

The Lost is Found


Amy and I have been searching forever for a cute picture that was taken in front of our house in Provo way back in 1976. I had sewn matching tops for Renee' and Amy out of red and white gingham and they were wearing those tops in the picture. Bob had been out washing the car in the front yard and I brought the girls out and posed with them while Bob shot a few pictures. He loved his camera, and I am so grateful! Anyway, on the day Amy went to the temple for the first time with me (in Provo), I had my two oldest girls with me again and we went by the house and posed in the same place and had another picture taken--30 years later! I wanted to put both pictures together in some sort of special "thing" but I couldn't find the first picture! Amy remembers the picture, and so do I. We remember seeing it--it was a slide that I'd had printed up, but somehow the print has disappeared. Anyway, Amy was searching through all the albums and never did find it. I finally located my box of slides, way down at the bottom of a box in storage--and lo and behold, the slide is there. I am SOOOOO happy. I'm going to have a print made right away and scan it into the computer!

So, that's my day--digging through boxes in storage and then spending most of the rest of the day taking a walk down memory lane through all the pictures of our young family. It's been quite a day.

1 comment:

Amy said...

that picture turned out nice mom. it'll be nice to see the two together.