Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sharing Peach Pie

Renee' stopped by today. She dropped Brooke off for her birthday massage (mmmmm!) and when she came to pick Brooke up, she saw that I had a peach pie sitting on the kitchen counter. It was my birthday pie--just a few days late, but no matter. We told Renee' that we were going out for dinner and then going to enjoy the pie later on. She kept eyeing the pie and eventually said, "You wouldn't want to cut that pie early, would you?" I think she expected me to say no, but I said, "Why not?" I didn't want to eat any before dinner, but I saw no reason that Renee' couldn't enjoy some after her 3:00 sandwich at our house! So, we cut the pie and I shared.

Do you KNOW how hard it is for me to share peach pie? Peach pie has got to be my absolute all-time favorite pie! Sure, there's lemon meringue and chocolate cream...and then there's my Mom's world-famous boysenberry, but honestly, nothing beats peach!

So, Renee' enjoyed the pie, we went for dinner, came back and had ours. And it was worth the wait. I was GLAD to share, no matter how much I kid about it. I can always bake another one if I want more. THIS one was made by my mother, but I know how to make pies, too.

I canned 11 quarts of peaches today with Brooke's and Mom's help. Three of us in the kitchen made light work. Those, added to the 2 I canned the other day now make 13 quarts! I want to get another bushel of peaches. It's been a long time since I've canned peaches. These are especially nice ones from down in Payson. Found out a local woman here in W. Jordan gets them. Canned peaches this winter will be lovely! A little bit of lost summer on the table.





1 comment:

Amy said...

Natalie and I have been eating those peaches like candy! So much for canning any;half of them are already gone and I'm sure there rest will be gone very soon. I've been using them in my green drink too which Nat and I both love. BTW, I'm putting that little concoction you gave me (through Renee) in the green drink for us both but not really sure how much to use. No instructions.