Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's My Birthday!

Well, technically as I write this, it's not--yet--but in 1-1/2 hours it will be. I LOVE my birthday--always have. It's MY day. I shared it with a great-aunt, and I'm sure I share it with many other people, but still, it's MY day. I don't care if they think it's THEIR day; they can do that. But I know the truth.

Actually, it's just another day, except that now I say I'm another year older. What will I do with this day this year? Probably nothing special, except maybe go to Chili's and collect my free birthday dessert! Actually, I think I might can some peaches. They're ready, it's the time, I have the time...and so what if it's my birthday? It might be kind-of fun to put "peaches, 9/19/07" on the lids.

This is my 6th birthday without Phil. That's the only part of my birthday that I don't like--him not being here to celebrate with me. He always did appreciate that peach pie I made for myself!

So, if I could have fireworks tomorrow night, I would! If you happen to look over towards the Oquirrh Mountains and see the sky lit up, you know I found some. Come share them with me!

1 comment:

Amy said...

In fact, those who share your birthday are:

# 1984 Kevin Zegers (actor)
# 1976 Alison Sweeny (actress)
# 1974 Jimmy Fallon (actor)
# 1967 Jim Abbott (baseballer)
# 1964 Trisha Yearwood (country singer)
# 1958 Lita Ford (singer, musician)
# 1956 Rex Smith (actor)
# 1950 Joan Lunden (tv host)
# 1949 Twiggy (Leslie Hornby) (fashion model, actress)
# 1948 Jeremy Irons (actor)
# 1945 Freda Payne (singer)
# 1945 Randolph Mantooth (actor)
# 1943 'Mama' Cass Elliott (Cohen) (singer)
# 1940 Paul Williams (songwriter)
# 1940 Bill Medley (singer)
# 1934 Brian Epstein (talent manager)
# 1933 David McCallum (actor)
# 1931 Ray Danton (actor)
# 1931 Brook (Benjamin Franklin) Benton (Peay) (singer)
# 1929 Adam West (actor)
# 1921 Billy Ward (singer, musician)
# 1911 Sir William Golding (Nobel Prize for literature)
# 1910 Frances Farmer (actress)
# 1905 Leon Jaworski (attorney: Watergate special prosecutor)