Monday, September 17, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhhh


It has taken me nearly 58 years to discover day spas! The weird thing is, I'm a massage therapist, and that's where a lot of us work. No, not me, but just maybe....I had a rather negative opinion of spas before I went on my trip, but it's changed. I thought spas were "frivolous", but not any more. I went into that spa in Hot Springs, SD hurting, stiff and sore, and came out limber like a 20-year old! Soaking in the mineral water for nearly an hour and then having "treatments" (ever had a seaweed wrap?), plus an hour massage by a GOOD professional...WOW!!! The owner needs therapists during the summer...if I could only be brave enough to go there for the summer. But what do I do with my clients in Salt Lake City? Maybe I can work it out. Hot Springs is such a wonderful place. I believe in mineral water. I believe in day spas!!!! Want to come with me?

2 comments:

Amy said...

i LOVE day spas! they really treat you like royalty!

Ellen said...

i've never been to a day spa...tooo baaad for meeee.....
but it totally think you should go for the summer! your clients will all be around when you get back, and if they're not, well...you'll find new ones. BE BRAVE! i bet you'd love it!