Monday, August 27, 2007

Update, Update

I have been very remiss in updating this blog of mine, and I apologize. Where has the summer gone? It's nearly Fall and I feel that I haven't accomplished much of anything, and with all the priorities I have, blogging is pretty far down, I must admit. I love to read yours, my lovely daughters, and you've told me you like to read mine, so maybe I need to raise it to a higher level. I now have a sign on my computer which reminds me to check your blogs. Ellen, welcome! It was wonderful to read your very honest, revealing thoughts on bedtime. I concur, and look forward to helping you put the rug rats to bed, and then spending a little time also gazing at Tony!

I'm on my way to Ellen's this Thursday and Yippeeee!!!!! D.C. (Darn Cute) and I love to hit the open road. She's a great traveling companion. Simon's just glad I'm not choosing HIM for a traveling companion! Ellen wants to learn to use a pressure canner. My girls are growing up (he! he!)

So, what's new with me? I quit working at the chiropractor's office, decided NOT to rent that room at the herb store, sprained both wrists and actually haven't done any massages for 2 weeks, and other than that....more of the same. Still trying to finish that &^*(*@"*^% communications course so that I can move on to the more interesting elective courses and eventually finish with Clayton! No, not really....I'll always be taking some sort of course either from them (at graduate 15% discount, mind you), or from someone else. The bug has bitten. I have 15 CEUs to finish in the next 3 years (big deal) but it will mean some coursework.

Mount Rushmore is going to be fabulous this time of year. A client of mine grew up right in that area and has given me all sorts of tips on out of the way places and things to see while there. Did you realize there's a wonderful hot springs just 60 miles south of the granite heads? He said it's a wonderful indoor spa and worth visiting. I think we've included it on our agenda!

So, that's about it. I have no deep, introspective thoughts to share as my lovely daughters often do--at least, this time. I've written all those to Phil in my weekly letter. Maybe I could eventually write a few here, but I don't really think of it once the thoughts are out on "paper" in my "journal". Well, girls, anyway, here it is--this is my life--on the cutting edge--again! Love you, Mom

1 comment:

Amy said...

thanks for the update finally! you have redeemed yourself and earned your spot as a link from my blog! jk. have a great trip this weekend and say hi to L. hopefully we can do something fun when you get back. ta ta